Tuesday, April 27, 2010

We're Worn Out.











The Savage Family is a tired family. We have been running around like crazy chickens for the last couple of months. Elizabeth broke her wrist at the beginning of March, and I have been doing everything that I can to help her since then. Jesse has been gigging like crazy lately. Meanwhile, wee Wren has been growing, learning, and cutting molars. The result: confused exhaustion.
Jesse and I have been lovingly referring to each other as "Roomie." As we literally pass each other each day. When one gets home from work, the other leaves. When that one returns from work, the other goes to lessons or band practice, when that one goes to bed, the other stays up to take care of day-to-day things that need to be done (like thank you notes, dishes, paying bills, mopping, etc). We are rarely all together at once right now ~ and it's all that we really want. It's wacky. Our mantra: "It's temporary." It seems to help when we remind ourselves of this.