Thursday, August 23, 2012

Holy Moly! We Did It.

We made the much anticipated trek to California this last week. What a doozy. The record temps, all-too-frequent pee breaks, fires, and rising gas prices all added to the excitement. Ha.

It was really nice to see everyone.  :-)

The highlight location, for all of us, was the day spent at Morro Bay. The relief from the heat had us all feeling our best.

Unfortunately, by the end of the week, Wren was burnt out (so many faces and so much time on the road) and his socializing came nearly to a halt. By Saturday, I was not well ~ which was unfortunate, as that was THE BIG DAY. It was a long day with a few lovely moments, but I missed much of the wedding reception highlights as I was chasing Wren around. By Sunday morning, I was feeling considerably worse.

Jesse, although tired, was resilient all week and was able to keep smiling. Good guy!  :-)

Upon returning to Washington, there were a couple of days of catch up in terms of getting the banking, yard work, laundry, and grocery shopping done.

Today has been a quiet day. Thank goodness. My edema has gone down considerably, and the nausea has improved. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and I am sure that she will be happy with the progress I've made since my return.

It was so good to see so much family. Particularly those who travelled far for Kyle's wedding. I wish Minnesota was a bit closer... we love our Minnesota Family! Talk about a loving bunch!

We're glad that we could make it down for Grandpa's 90th birthday party and Kyle's wedding. There's a really good chance, though, that we will not be driving down to California in August ever again. Ha.