Monday, January 13, 2014

Touching Base

  • Auntie Lauren was just here for a visit. :) Auntie Chelsea was supposed to come as well, but she came down with something awful and had to stay home sick. :(
  • I've been researching schools for Wren for this Fall. It's a good thing that I started when I did, because registration is in February for some of them! He is excited about going to school, but told me today that he wishes that River and I could go to school with him because he will miss us. Sweet boy. We have a very busy schedule ahead as children need to know SO much just for kindergarten these days. Check this out: Kindie Prep When I was little, we learned those things in the kindergarten class room. Wild.
  • River has been cutting teeth like a banshee. He is so smart. He is constantly watching all of us. If he sees one of us do something interesting, he tries it... and he usually succeeds. He is mechanically inclined, too. He is always taking things apart and then trying to fit them back together.
  • Jess was on call this last week... and he certainly got "called out" as we had storms ripping through our little area. The biggest issue is usually the trees and the power lines. Those two entities don't seem to get along well during high winds. There were several downed trees across roadways and sidewalks that needed tending as well. He was happy to turn the phone over to the next guy this morning.
  • We are waiting to get our money back from our canceled trip. I don't know how long it typically takes. I am hoping that it comes in soon so that we can start planning our make-up trip for this Spring.
  • As we decided to stay in this house, we have been trying to make it more homey lately. Picking wall colors, getting ideas for rugs and rooms and such.
  • If you are on Facebook at all Elizabeth Essentials is running a fun promotion right now. Upload a photo of "What Love Means to You" and get your friends and family to vote for (like) your photo. The photo with the most "likes" on February 14th gets a $100 gift card. That's pretty fun!