Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Family Update.

I'm sorry that it's been a while since I have posted.  Things have been going in every direction as we try to find our new groove.

I am currently the proud "owner" of 4 part time jobs.  Two of which are temporary... however, one of the non-temporaries has the potential to go more full time.  I'm looking at approximately 24 hours/week.  None of them are "get-rich-quick" type positions, but they do bring a little income into the home, they are a way to help out really kind people, AND (and this is the important part) they are all either "work from home" positions or ones in which I could technically bring Wren with me if need be.  So, no childcare for him.

That being said, Jesse and I have been working on figuring out how to manage our time and share baby time so that we both feel like we are getting the regular day-to-day things done as well.

Jesse is doing well.  One of the bands that he plays in has laid a bit dormant lately (band members out of town and such), but things are picking up and they have several dates on the calendar.  Including a "mini tour" of sorts in Nevada in September.

Wren is fabulous.  He is big and healthy and happy and silly.  We have been working on getting him onto a decent nap schedule.  He's a cat napper, which isn't the best.  I have tried to convince him that his over-all quality of life would be better if he would rest for longer than 20 minutes at a time.  He's getting the hang of it.  Longer nap times would allow me to get some work done... because no matter what, I am not compromising my time with him.  I have a certain idea of how he should be raised and I am not going to let that go.  

Wren is also the King of Rollovers, he babbles constantly, he travels well, he is trying so hard to sit up (he's so close), and he drools incessantly.  It's non-stop.

Daisy is doing well.  The cold weather affects her arthritis a bit, but things are going well for her.  She is scheduled for a much needed spa treatment.  She really needs a haircut.

Washington is still wonderful.  We love it here.  It has been snowing like crazy lately, but not enough to really stick and cause any problems.  It will snow and then melt and then snow and then melt... etc.  Today there is snow on the ground and the sun is out.  It's beautiful.

We've had a bit of a wandering eye lately.  Port Townsend has been looking better and better to us.  Ha ha ha... We are so weird.  We aren't moving, we love it here, but Port Townsend just looks so good. We need to remember how close it is and just visit more frequently, I think.

So, I think that this brings us up to date.  Gotta get back to Wren.  I will post some photos soon!